Tuesday 3 January 2012

Quick update (3rd January 2012)

As part of the preparations for the Upside Down challenge I've decided that a multi-discipline approach is needed. As a result I now find myself signed up for two 10k runs, one in early March and one on 2nd May - just three short weeks before the main event.

All of which means that I need to do some training - lots of - which brings me on to a small matter of time, or lack thereof, to fit it all in.

And so it was that last night I found myself heading into my garage ready to tackle the Col du Acton Trussell, an agonising 30 minute, 7.5 mile hill climb. Having entered the garage and feeling every appendage shrivel in the cold I was soon hot. Very vey hot! Still, having 'ridden' 'uphill' without so much as moving more than a couple of centimetres I did feel that at least I'd made the effort. Thirty minutes aboard a 1970's bike on a turbo trainer in a garage is, in truth, as much as I can bear in one go!

No comments:

Post a Comment